Pages

What is the driving force in your life?

Friday, May 21, 2010

It’s amazing how one simple line can open a whole closet full of thoughts in one’s head!

Sometimes before I sleep, I think that I have found my purpose in life and would say that my driving force is to live my full potential. My biggest fear has always been to be on my death bed regretting never having the courage to create the life I always knew was possible. I can sometimes feel the power of excitement and expectation of life so strongly that it is euphoric.

But what about LOVE? Not the kind of love which expect something in return, but a nourishing one, which soothes, helps us grow and gives joy and enthusiasm in everything that we are and do. Eternal, abundant, bright and powerful!

Mikey, my little German Shepherd pup which I had to let go last week reminded me of “Love” daily.  His face brightens up whenever he sees me, he jumps and runs around in excitement when I come home, and there is nothing I can do to make him stop loving me and wanting to be with me. To be touched by Mikey’s love is one the most important force of all forces. It was amazing. So great, so miraculous and profound, yet so humble and innocent. Love is a wonderful gift from God! It flows forever and ever and what you have to do is surrender to its continuous flow, to allow it to flood your being. Simple, efficient and pure.

I realized now that LOVE is my driving force. Mikey taught me that love contains everything. It’s like a huge puzzle in which all of the other pieces play their part: Joy, Satisfaction, Courage, Integration, Bliss… The details and the big picture are one and the same, as they have the same essence. I am driven by Love. And that’s the way it should be.

Seeing the sun come up every day and realizing that there is love out there – is all the driving force I need.

 

I love you Mikey. And he loves me too.












2 comments:

Iris Lisle on May 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM said...

narwhhhh :)

Eva Knutsson on May 21, 2010 at 3:42 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada