Pages

Sitting alone...

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Recently I have found that sitting alone with no distractions (music, movies, books etc) has been really good for me. I have become more relaxed and have thought greatly about my past and present and how I can use them to improve my future. I am currently trying to set 10-15 mins of alone time a day and so far so good.  

In my alone time, I think about various things. I think about my career and how I need to improve my skills and experience set to better contribute to my company and continue to grow professionally. I think about John whom I love and care deeply for and how I can further be a better person, be a better wife for him. I think about ideas about how to grow our own company, Knutsson Consulting. 

I am really sort of always like that. Always wanting to improve myself, to grow and excel. I have a handful of friends who I can be really relaxed and comfortable with where we can just talk about the stuff we thinkg about every so often. Of course my father has been providing me with deep conversations like this. Nothing better than to grab a glass of bubbly and talking about the reliability of perception and its impact on the way we see reality, right?
What about you guys, do you also need some alone time in a day? If you do, what do you think about during this time?






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes meditation and contemplating are to different things. I usually do one or the other. I've found meditation to be much more relaxing and refreshing while contemplating usually helps me learn from previous mistakes I might not have seen as mistakes at the time.
Yes, I try. You should also read some books to help you in that direction. Paulo Coelho has written some great books, and so has Robin Sharma. They've got some really good knowledge they present in the form of great stories.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada