Pages

Hello God

Sunday, July 4, 2010


I have been thinking about this post for some time. It's a Sunday afternoon, so I thought it would be a good time to blog.

I wasn't really brought up in a Christian home. My mother sent me to Sunday school every week which was where my faith was based. But I only really started to know God a few years ago when I was studying in Auckland. In my time in New Zealand I have learnt to trust God with all my heart and I held him close to my heart. I learned that if I "put my life in his hands" everything will happen as it's supposed to. 

Unfortunately when my grandfather passed away, I allowed my faith to slip away. I felt like it was the worst thing that ever happened to me (oh boy, was I wrong!). My heart was broken. I was mad. I was furious. I remember asking God to show me the lesson. What was I supposed to learn from this? Why did it happen?

Someone then told me that God has a plan and I wanted to belive that God was leading me, was guiding me. Whatever I was telling myself to feel, I knew then that my faith in Christ died.

Even when times were rough, I still feel like I could rely on God and that he would take care of us. A few years has passed since my grandfather was put to rest. I have learned that in life we face the ups and downs.

Recently my life has taken another turn. Losing Mike and the problems at work changed my perception in life. I am trying, very slowly to re-invet myself. As time goes on and when I think about my life more, I have come to realise some things. I will write more about that in my coming posts.

What I am trying to say is that I know God loves me and that is my biggest blessing. He knew was he was doing. He knew then, and he knows now.












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada