Pages

I'm going to miss being pregnant...

Monday, February 11, 2013

I never thought I'd say this but I do think I am going to miss being pregnant (though I will be very glad to have my body back). There IS something very special about carrying around this little person inside of you plus when else can you have your belly handing out over your pants without feeling self-conscious about it?

Though I won't be missing the heartburn, the waddling, the CONSTANT peeing, the absolutely shattering tiredness, my swollen feet (which looks like giant pork sausages!), the general aches and pains and whatever other ailment I've had during pregnancy...but I will miss my little bubba in there. I love to rub my tummy, talk and sing to him, feel him kick and wiggle around. And I absolutely love when John talks to my belly!

So far, being pregnant has been a really life-altering experience for me. The feeling of life growing inside of me and connecting with this person I've never met is really cool. I know, I know it sounds sappy but I am in a sentimental mood this morning. And sshhh...I have to admit that I do like the special treatment you get when you are pregnant :P

So now, 36 weeks this week with about a month to go until I finally get to meet my baby face to face. I am going to miss being pregnant. I think this whole pregnancy has gone by tooooooooooooooo fast. I take comfort in knowing that they are safe, warm and cozy in me. 

With just a few weeks left to go, I want to make sure I haven't missed anything - perhaps some prenatal bonding ritual that will later make me wonder with regret, "Oh damn, why didn't we do that?" This will most likely be my only pregnancy so no chance for do-overs later.  

I feel like I should be doing more? Should we be playing bubba classical music? Should I be talking to them more? Should I be doing some positive visualisation, transferring my good vibes onto him? I have also been thinking about lullabies which I will sing to him and have been singing to him now.

Just a few weeks ago, a friend told me that while packing up her baby's clothes she got really sad, mourning over the fact that those tiny infant days were over now. I guess it all goes by really fast doesn't it? Six months from now, I'll probably be sad that my baby's newborn stage is over. Five years down the road, I'll be crying about them starting kindergarten. Maybe I feel like as long as he's in my belly I can almost stop time, keep him close and safe and hold on to him forever.

35 weeks
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada