Pages

Dragon Boat Restaurant Review

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Where do I start? 

I called Dragon Boat in the morning to confirm our reservation. The "Manager" who took our call told us to drop in anyway as he doesn't have his appoinment book with him. I insisted that he checks our reservation as I understand its hard to get bookings there and the thought of driving such a distance only to realise we have no reservations is not really appealing. 

Anyway, he mumbled something in chinese and told me that if I did make a reservation it will be on the appointment book and hung up. He hung up. WTF

I then called back and gave the "Manager" a nice banging and he took down my number and told me he will check and will return my call.

Obviously no call.

We drove there nonetheless.


Dragon Boat is quite a popular place for chinese food and is often very busy on the weekends - reservations are helpful. The restaurant is in a perfect location overlooking Darling Harbour. The decor is lovely and inviting.

On arrival we were told that we have no reservations. I explained to the young waitress who greeted us that we did make a reservation. She walked away and spoke to the Manager. The same idiot who hung up on me. He looked at the list and barked at us. I explained again and told him that I was the one who called in the morning trying to confirm my reservation. The idiot then shoved us to the waitress who walked us to our table.
The service was appalling before we even got there. The staff and the asssholic Manager could do with going to "charm school". It would be nice if the team could manage a little friendliness or customer service, and perhaps begin with "I'm sorry" when there is a complaint. I think it is a simple courtesy to paying customers.




Food was served quickly though, right after one orders were taken we were served with our drinks and 5 minutes later a few dishes of dim sums were stacked on our table.

No value here, we're looking at dishes around $8-$20 each, so a fulfilling meal can be had for around $100 including drinks. I am not trying to discredit anyone's review of this place maybe they just treated me different, I dont know. But their dim sum taste like they microwave them. I don't expect authentic dim sums from a place that is right in the centre of Darling Harbour but they could at least take some pride in the food they serve.

My advice? Stay away. We made the mistake of going there in the first place when my gut was telling me to run the other direction. If you like leaving a restaurant feeling you you're not welcomed, and microwaved dim sums, they you'll it here.

To be honest, its not much different to having yum cha in some cheaper restaurants in Chinatown. So why pay more for dim sums that in my opinion not as good as the restaurants in Chinatown? At least those restaurants don't give you a hard time for walking in. I am truly not impressed with the customer service here. Its worst than some dodgy restaurants in the city that throws food at you - at least you expect that kind of service for the price. At Dragon Boar, is high price for bad experience.

We left without anyone saying goodbye. It wasnt a very pleasant experience. What a letdown.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada