Pages

Love for our grandparents

Tuesday, August 24, 2010


Weirdly I have been thinking about my grandparents a lot lately. My beloved grandfather passed away a couple of years ago leaving my grandmother in the care of my mother and her siblings. Unfortunately for my nana, she is mostly left alone. You see..everyone else are away..away in different countries.

I love my grandmother and I know she too want to be loved and looked after in her old age. Being 7 hours flight away from her I don't know how to show her how much I really care for her. I hate the thought that my grandmother will be spending her old age in loneliness and insecurity..

As far back as I can remember, my grandparents were always an important part of my life growing up heck I used to live with them. They were there to watch me off to school and after school when mom was working. They provided me everything I needed and wanted; love, care, nourishment, entertainment and so much more.

I remember many times when my grandparents used to tell me stories about "the olden days." I didn’t realize it then, but those were times that I wish I had taken time to really listen and to ask questions. It would have been great to have all those stories written down so I could read them to my own child. Everything my grandparents had told me about their past, is a part of my own past, which in turn is a part of my child’s past. Those stories make a connection that we will always have to family members who are no longer with us.

What I am trying to say is..you don't need any special day to make them feel their worth. If you have never told them how much you love them, say it before its too late.

Grandparents are the key to our past, and our future – we shouldn’t throw them away.

"When a child is born, so are grandmothers." -- Judith Levy


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada