Pages

Recipe - Asian Chicken Chop

Sunday, March 20, 2011

My mom used to take me to a little asian diner for chicken chop.  Honestly amongst all the chicken chops I have tried all these years, I have to say the little diner chicken chop are the best!

I have been trying to find an asian recipe for chicken chop for a long time now and came across this recipe. Though its nothing as good as the chicken chop I had in the asian diner I thought it was pretty good - well different good.

Ingredients:
1 pc boneless chicken thigh and chicken breast, cut crisscross line on chicken for even cooking. Season with a little kosher sat.
3 tbsp reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce (I used Lea & Perrins reduced sodium)
2 tbsp Shao Xing cooking wine (chinese cooking wine)
1 tbsp sugar
a drop of sesame oil
EVOO for pan frying

Method:
1. In a bowl, prepare the Worcestershire sauce, Shao Xing wine, sugar and sesame oil, set aside.
2. Heat up a saute pan or wok, add in EVOO and when hot, add in chicken chop, turn the heat to low and pan-fry until brown on both sides and almost cook inside. Cover if needed (for faster cooking time).
3. Add in the prepared sauce and let the chicken simmer in the sauce until the sauce thicken and the chicken is cooked completely. You can turn the chicken to soak in the sauce. Slice and serve with hot rice.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada